Unwanted hair over face & various parts of body have become an important cosmetic concern in day-to-day life. People try to get rid of it, temporarily or permanently. Temporary methods include plucking, waxing, threading & shaving. The permanent methods are:
Electrolysis: It has very good results, but has many side effects.
Laser Hair Removal
Laser Hair Removal: This is of various types depending on the laser media like-
– NdYAG: Best suited for Indians (Dark skinned)
– Diode: Is more helpful for fine hairs
– I.P.L: Intensive Pulse Light is now an outdated procedure.
Mechanism: Laser hair removal is based on the “theory of selective photothermolysis” which helps in selectively destroying these targets without damaging surrounding tissues. It emits light of single wavelength, transmitting to hair follicles where it is absorbed by the pigment in the follicle which helps in destroying it. The laser acts best on an anagen hair.
LHR Is Used In The Following Scenarios:
– To get rid of unwanted hair over face and any other parts of body.
– Ingrown hair follicles
– Hidradenitis suppurativa
– Pseudofolliculitis barbae
Contra-indication: Pregnancy & lactation are relative contraindications.
– First the required area is cleaned and marked with a skin marker
– The area is shaved with a disposable razor or scalpel.
– The area is pre & post cooled with either internal or external cooling devices depending on the machine.
– A pulse of light is delivered to the treatment area and watched for any unwanted effects.
– Mild erythema post procedure is common which may last for a day in few individuals.
– The second session is to be done with a minimum gap of four weeks or as soon as the hair regrows.
– Safe & pain free.
Precautions To Be Taken:
– Avoid plucking, waxing, bleaching in particular area from at least 4 weeks prior to onset of laser sessions.
– Avoid any other cosmetic procedures one week before and after laser session
– Avoid sun exposure during the sessions.
– Hormonal imbalances like pcod, Hypothyroidism, Insulin resistance to be ruled out and if any such cause of hirsutism identified, to be treated simultaneously.
– Treats wide range of skin types and hair colors.
– Laser selectively targets the hair to be destroyed leaving the surrounding skin unaffected.
– Ultra fast with excellent results. Laser can treat small areas like upper lip in a minute & the hands & legs can be treated in an hour.
– Around 8 sessions of laser may free you from unwanted hair.
– Mild Erythema
– Post-inflammatory pigmentation
– Rarely scarring.
** the side effects can be prevented by getting treated with an experienced dermatologist and cosmetologists, as the side effects can be prevented by giving the right influence of energy with a proper pulse width which varies from individual to individual depending on the skin colour, hair colour and hair texture.
About The Hospital:
A full fledged, 100-bedded hospital, Sankhya Hospital offers multispeciality treatment and facilities at par with the best available globally. From 24-hour ambulance service, pharmacy and diagnostic centre, to specialised services that extend from Dermatology to Orthopaedics, General Medicine to General Surgery, Gynaecology to Urology, ENT, Plastic Surgery, Laparoscopic Surgery, Neurology, Ophthalmology and more.
I am admitted this hospital for surgery varicose vein, suffering last 4 years i have solution from Sankhya Hospital day care laser surgery done Dr Abhilash Sandhyala now iam free from varicose problem Thanking you to Dr Abhilash & Hospital Team.
Hospital Service Very good Affordable for medial class people i recommended in kphb area.
Simply Superb!!! The processing of Health claims is fastest & hassle free. Good response & care.
Recently Me and My wife admitted in Sankhya Hospitals with Typhoid Fever..Good Treatment and Good Caring.